Sanskrit Reading Tutor
Find out more
What is the Sanskrit Reading Tutor – and how to use it:
- This web application helps learning to read Devanagari by highlighting corresponding syllables in Devanagari and Transliteration at the same time.
- After entering Sanskrit text, two lines are created for every line of text – one in Devanagari and one in roman transliteration
- When you hover with your mouse over, a syllable in Devanagari it will highlight the syllable and its Transliteration counterpart and vise versa.
- There are two highlight modes:
- There is also a Text to Speech feature that enables listening to the text in 2 modes:
1. Normal mode: complete line without highlightings.
2. Syllable mode: syllable by syllable with highlighting of both Devanagari and Roman Transliteration.
- There are two speech speed modes: slower and faster.
- You can also adjust the size of the fonts. Both Devanagari and Transliteration.
- It is also possible to hide the Devanagari or the Transliterated lines.
Using your own text
Selecting from library