How to use our Sanskrit Text to Speech web-app
This Sanskrit-Text-to-Speech engine is work in progress. As of now the data-base does not contain all the sounds of the language but quite a lot of them. Already now it can be used with almost all the text of the bhagavad gita and in a short while it will be able to read almost any text…
Using the application is very easy:
– First we select the input type – itrans, devanagari, or roman transliteration.
– Then we type or paste some Sanskrit text in the input text area.
– Clicking the start button will convert the text into a numbered list of lines presented in both devanagari and Standard Roman Transliteration.
– After we select the reading mode to read continuesly or one line at a time we can use the play button to play the sound.
– At any time we can select the line we want to hear by clicking the button next to it.
– We can also cancle and enter new text to to read by clicking "enter new text".
You are welcomed to use the text to speech application and – if you like – send us some feedback.